Prudential Ride London – Surrey 100 2014

Home/WDMBC Events/Road Races/Prudential Ride London – Surrey 100 2014

Home Forums WDMBC Events Road Races Prudential Ride London – Surrey 100 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The Surrey 100 is happening on sunday 10th August. I had entered the ballot, but was left out…

Yesterday received an email from BC about the team challenge…

So, are there any other interested parties? Needs to be a team of 4 but we can put in as many teams as we want.

Registration started yesterday and closes on the 21st at 1700 (gives us about 2 weeks to get organized).

KevinP
    Participant

Hi Jorge,

I would be interested as also left out of the ballot.

KevP

chris
    Keymaster

You need to be a woman, I got my place second year in a row 🙂

chris
    Keymaster

Or maybe just to have done it last year. Of the people I know only the ones that had entered last year managed to get in again this year!!!

KevinP
    Participant

Hi Cat,
    The cost of a sex change just for one ride is prohibitive.

chris
    Keymaster

Oh well, keep trying its a fab day I am hoping for sunshine like last year. I think the team event can be done in a relay as well as I saw people swapping over in designated bays. Got another 100mile in Dorset in May for a warm up 🙂

chris
    Keymaster

So at the moment only me and KevinP interested in a closed roads sportive at our doorstep, riding the same roads the pros will just a few hours after us!!!

I was one of the volunteers last year and must say that it was quite tempting to just unlock the bike and follow everyone else…

Anyone even thinking about it? Not much time left for the team registration!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  chris.
    Darren
    Participant

I am up for this, did you put an application in for a Team?

Darren
    Participant

I put in an application to ride the main event and even to ride and raise money for Prostate Cancer. Unsuccessful on both accounts. A very popluar event indeed.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Darren.
    chris
    Keymaster

No, haven’t put in any applications yet, we need 4, so nearly there. My plan is to do it next week, hoppefully a few will have put their names forward by the so we can put in more than 1 team for the event!!!

Darren
    Participant

Nice one Jorge, fingers crossed

DaveE
    Participant

Hi Jorge, I also put in for this and was unsuccessful again! Happy to enter the team event unless you are all racing snakes and want to be highly competitive as I would only rate myself as Cat 4. I won’t be offended if you find or want a faster rider.

Dave E.

chris
    Keymaster

Hi Jorge,

I’d be up for a team entry, as also lost out in the ballot this year.

Cheers,
    Ben.

chris
    Keymaster

Likewise interested cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

So we have at the moment:
    Team A – Jorge, KevinP, Darren, DaveA
    Team B – BenA, Chris

Now to the nity gritty. Do we all have British Cycling licenses? As it it the BC club challenge we all must have a license (didn’t see any more details so assume that any BC license will do). If not, you can easily get one online.

In terms of teams 1 complete, one half way. Anyone else out there. Be quick now. I must put the apllication in this week!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.