club news 4.2.21

Home Forums Bucks CX/gravel sportive 2020 club news 4.2.21

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The lock down continues so once again a bit short on the news front, but the good news is that every week that passes we are getting closer to firstly the better weather and secondly to getting back to some sort of normality.
    A big thanks to those that got round to renewing their club membership, I know at present we can not offer a lot but we are still publishing suggestions for solo/pairs riding, we do also have some bargains for club members on the energy product front and Stans products so get in touch if you need anything.
    Last weekend Saturday was a duvet day with pretty crap weather and then Sunday was also not great riding conditions but hopefully a few people got out, I have ventured out both on and off road
    over the week and off road the trails are very wet and muddy and the roads are not much better with lots of floods in the lane, so if riding take care.
    Unfortunately due to COVID lock down situation we are having to cancel our first planned open event the Bucks Road Sportive which was scheduled for the 28th Feb, we are hoping that we will be able to run it on the 28th March, however this date is only provisional until we have some ore information regarding the resumption of group riding from BC and the government. Once restrictions have been lifted we will also be looking at confirming dates for the Bucks Off Road Sportive and the CX sportive.
    For those that follow the race scene if you watched the World CX championships last weekend you cant help but to have been inspired and be looking forward to when we can race cyclo cross again and also take part in some beach races.
    Club trip wise we have our fingers crossed that the first two planned trips to ride the King Alfred’s Way in April and the French road trip in June will be able to go ahead and once things are improving I am sure that we will be able to get some more trips organised.
    I will be sending an e-mail to all those coming on the French road trip this week with an update, if you have not received it then please make contact with me.
    Once again the forecast for the weekend is not great but for those that are feeling hardy I will post up an off road ride.
    Don’t forget to stay rubber side down and hope to see people soon

Chris Denman.

Major dates
    28th March TBC Bucks Road Sportive
    15th to 18th April King Alfreds Way trip
    TBC Bucks Off Road Sportive
    5-12th June Pyrenees Road Trip

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.