Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #74271 |

This week is going to be a busy week for the club as we mark out all the routes for the Bucks Off Road Sportive course which is this Sunday coming, the 14th May , it s nice to see that a few of our club members have been entering and it will be nice to see the usual plethora of Red Jersey’s on the start line. If you have not entered yet then now is the time to do so as pre entry closes Wednesday, although entry on the day will be available for a surcharge. In order to mark the course out there are a number of rides happening over the week, Wednesdays social ride will be from the Swan and Bottle at 6:30p.m and whilst doing so we will mark some of the 40km route, Friday there is likely to be a social MTB ride which will also incorporate marking some of the route with the plan being to drive out to some where near Chesham to do this, then Saturday we will again be riding and marking out, full details of times/meetings places will be on the club site and Facebook.
    A big thanks to those that have said they can assist in marking out/car parking duties and at the HQ for signing on/catering either before they ride or those that are just there to help, the HQ will be open from 7.30 so as near to that time to help the better. A few more volunteers will always be gratefully received
    On the racing front this week Paul White took an excellent 3rd overall and 2nd in the vets category in the FNSS MTB race round 1, we were also represented at the West Thames Tuesday night series but unfortunately with no one in the top 10, certainly Jonny Sargeant and Chris Try both have the ability to get on the podium so hopefully with a bit of luck and better positioning they will be up there soon, Jason Snell represented the club in a road race on Saturday but awaiting an update on his result, if you are racing if you can let me now how you do that would be great and then I can add your result to the press release.
    Activities this week are Tuesday the West Thames evening series at Hillingdon, Wed the social MTB ride-Swan and Bottle met 6.30, Thursday MTB training at Black Park-meet at Go Ape, the plan is 2 x 20mins efforts around parts of the proposed race cct with a short break in between and then some practice starts then Friday Saturday there will be a social ride which will also incorporate some marking out. Sunday there are a couple of club members missing the BORS to do the latest round of the National Points series so good luck to them.
    Club rider Graham Owen has some bikes for sale as follows Quest Carbon road bike, Fire size 56, ultegra, mavic cosmics £1000.00. Quest blue winter bike size 56, 105, mavics £250.00 and Cube 125 full suspension medium I’m 5-10, 26″ £850.00.so if interested get in touch with him
    On the clothing front Neil Ellison has been doing some research into finding a new supplier, having done so we will be placing an order soon with a new company, Velo Champion which although similar quality will be very slightly cheaper. All queries relating to the clothing I suggest that people post up on the club website rather than e-mail me as this will be Neil’s baby and most questions will have been asked before
    Stu Bicknell has done a marvellous job on a flyer for the forthcoming Summer Black Park MTB race which I will get printed, if you are going to any races please get some of me and distribute as e need to attract a big field to break even

There are 2 spaces for the club’s Summer French Alps road trip, June 10th to 17th , this trip takes in a lot of the classic climbs from the Tour De France including the Alpe D Huez and Mount Ventoux and is a trip of a lifetime if you are interested in coming get in touch pronto.

Major dates

May 14th Bucks Off Road Sportive
    June 4th Black Park Summer XC Race
    June 12th to 17th French Road Trip
    Hope to see you on a ride soon.
    chris@westdraytonmbc.co.uk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.