Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #74580 |

Well certainly a lot to report on this week, but where do we start, lets start with welcoming some more new members with 3 people signing up this week, so lets hope to see them all out on a club ride soon. On the social front 11 of us enjoyed some of the best trails the UK has to offer when we had a long weekend in Scotland, a few tumbles over the period but luckily nothing worse than bruises as the outcome. On the racing front it was the man on form Neil Ellison who again impressed with a 4th place finish in the 1st round of the Nationals vets trophy race which he then followed up the next day with a win in the Central league as his dominance in this series continues. Paul White also representing the club finishing in 15th. In the WLC Hill climb which was organised by the club under the leadership of Paul Williams, Sam Edwards took second spot with Agne Kudirkaite winning the ladies section with Jonny Sargeant and Nick Try both finishing in the top ten so well done to all those that raced.
    Whilst we were away in Scotland we managed to at last find a new club van at the right price, in the right condition and with not a huge mileage on the clock and thanks to the generous support of Thames Valley Vulcanising Systems it was snapped up and we waved good bye to the old one after 7years of ownership and some 60,000 plus miles. So a big thanks to Henry for sorting this out and assisting with the purchase.
    So what s happening this week, as usual it was road training on Tuesday at the Hillingdon circuit and then this Thursday it is the cross/MTB training, meet at the Hillingdon Athletics track car park at 6 .15 pm . Lights are required as it s now getting dark before we have finished the training. Saturday the plan is a social road ride meeting at the Malt Shovel at 9.30 a.m. which will include a coffee stop then Sunday a few people are planning on doing the Gorrick MTB Cool Challenge, full details at https://www.gorrick.com/testvalley/ the new club van is available if people need a lift to the event. No doubt there will also be a few from the club competing in more cyclo cross events so good luck to those. Then Monday it is club night at which we will be discussing the selection policy for the 2018 road trip, so if you want to pout your case forward come along.
    The date for ther clubs Christmas do has been set and is the 9th December so put this date in your diary.
    There is some talk about a club day trip to either Cannock Chase or Cwm Carn on the 21st or 22nd October so if interested let me know.
    I have some spare club kit,mainly Bib shorts/Racing jerseys if anyone needs anything just let me know and will see if I have your size/requirement in stock.

Hopefully see people on a ride soon

Notable dates
    21st or 22nd Day trip to Cannock or Cwm Carn
    26th November DePanne Beach Race
    TBC Nov AGM
    7th December Xmas Party
    25th Feb Bucks Road Sportive
    7th April Paris Roubaix sportive
    9-17th June 2018 Club Road tour France

Darren
    Participant
    #74583 |

I would be up for a Cannock Chase day trip on the 21st or 22nd of OCT. Weekend off, have not been there for a while.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.