Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #74569 |

It is very much De ja vu on the racing news front this week as we report on another win for Neil Ellison as he won the veterans class in the 2nd round of the Central league, then after a brief rest he then rode the open event finishing 4th certainly a man on form, other results in the Central league include a 8th place for Sam Edwards and a 22nd for Jorge Manso in the seniors with Paul White 8th,Paul Carpenter 45th and Mark Busbridge 77th in the vets. Else where Roger Fowkes came 3rd in the vets at the London League whilst Clive Evans finished 9th in the grand vets in the Wessex league. So well dome to all those showing the club colours
    Elsewhere, myself, Gosia, Agne and Wayne completed the Farnboro Flyer a road sportive on Hampshire which was a bit of a puncture fest as the ride went down a number of very narrow quiet lanes which had been affected by the recent rain, but in better weather would be a good ride.
    Over last week we had a very good turn out for the road training and then as usual we had the cross training and a social MTB ride on Saturday.
    This week there is more of the same, Tuesday it is road training at Hillingdon, we are moving the start time to 6:15 to try and get a bit more daylight riding before we need lights, usual session 2 x 20 mins with 2 laps easy riding between the sessions, then we will finish with a couple of flying 1 laps.
    Thursday the cross training will take place, meet at 6.15 p.m. as always all welcome. Also Thursday for a number of us it is the Scottish Trip to ride some of the best rail centres this country has to offer. In our absence hopefully someone will post up some weekend rides, one ride I know is happening is the WLC hill climb which Paul Williams is organizing on behalf of the club, a big thanks to those helping him out, if your not up to anything the Hill climb makes an ideal location for a social road ride to head for and lend a hand or watch the efforts of the racers.
    I have now booked all the hotels for next years French road trip which starts on the 10th June from Celmont Ferrand, this is already over subscribed so I will need to work out a fair system to cut the numbers, the exact selection I have to decide on but those that have helped out at club events/raced club events/attend club rides will take priority.
    Still waiting for a few people tp pay for their entries for the Beach race if this is you please do so ASAP .
    The poll for the club racer of the month on Facebook for September was close but congratulations to Sam Edwards who has taken the win, so next time your passing Sam pick up your prize. I don’t think we need a poll for Septembers racer of the months as with 4 wins in 4 races it is a one horse race with Neil Ellison being the winner with the committee deciding that Henry’s mega effort in sorting out lights and transport for the Night race has won him the club person of the month for September. So congratulations to both.
    I still have kit for Agne/Andy Smith/Will Templeton and Sean Downey that needs picking up from me and also have the following kit in stock which is spare, get in touch if you want anything.

XL
    S/S jersey x 2
    Lge
    S/S jersey Club Cut x 2
    L/S jersey x 1
    Womens S/S jersey x 1
    Bib shorts x 1
    Medium
    S/S jeresy x 2
    Windguard JCT x 1
    Bibshorts x 1
    Small
    S/S jersey Club Cut x 2
    S/S jersey Race Cut x 2
    Bibshorts x 1
    Kids
    Lge L/S jersey x 2
    Med L/S jersey x 1

Also we have the following TMB art metal sponsored casual jackets for sale at £15 fo those that have helped out at events or £30 for those that have not

1 x XS
    1 x L
    5 x XL
    2 x XXL

And this weeks special offer CNP Water Bottles £3/.00

Hopefully see people on a ride soon

Notable dates

5-9th October-Scottish MTB trip
    8th Oct WLC Hill climb
    26th November DePanne Beach Race
    TBC December Xmas Party
    25th Feb Bucks Road Sportive
    7th April Paris Roubaix sportive
    10th June 2018 Club Road tour

Darren
    Participant
    #74571 |

Hi Chris, can I have a SS shirt, Large, in Club Cut Please? Please bring to Scotland.

chris
    Keymaster
    #74574 |

Will bring it along Darren.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.