Spanish MTB trip May 2014, inc. Polvorillas Cup race

Home/WDMBC Events/Trips/Spanish MTB trip May 2014, inc. Polvorillas Cup race

Home Forums WDMBC Events Trips Spanish MTB trip May 2014, inc. Polvorillas Cup race

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    Cat & I have booked flights to go to Spain 19th – 27th May if you want to join us for plenty of sunshine & dust on the trails?

We are entering the Polvorillas Cup race as follows:
    la raza Polvorillas Cup es el sábado 24 de mayo 2014? (24th May).

Post-up if you want more details.

Cheers
    RoyB

chris
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    Following on from this weeks ‘Club News’ from Chris, I thought I’d add a couple more details to wet your appetites!

The race starts in Guardamar Del Segura 25k south west of Alicante airport, this is 4k from my villa & the route runs within 500m of it! There are endless amounts of single track & dirt track around the area, easy, tough & technical single track, but all dry & dusty! There’s a proper pool or the sea to cool down after every ride.

Flights are currently around £120 from most London airports, as most of the budget airlines fly into Alicante they are competitively priced.

If anyone is interested in this event & wants to stay with us in my villa or elsewhere, post-up as can help with more info.

Cheers
    RoyB

Darren
    Participant

Where are you flying to/from? Are you taking a bike out there on the plane?

chris
    Keymaster

Hi Darren,
    We are flying EasyJet:
    Gatwick 05:50 19th May – flight 8659 – Alicante 09:20
    Alicante 21:45 27th May – flight 8668 – Gatwick 23:20
    Prices were £120 each return when we booked.
    We are taking another bike which costs £70 round trip.

Assuming you would take a bike, it is worth looking at BA, as although the flights are more expensive, they do offer free sports equipment on most of their flights.

The race is on the 24th May, but of course you can come & go anytime within our stay.

Let me know if you want any more details.
    Cheers
    RoyB

chris
    Keymaster

Hello all,
    This is the last call for anyone that wants to come to Spain for a few days in the sunshine & can enter a race on the dusty trails!
    As mentioned below, Cat & I are going on the 19th – 27th May, but anyone else is welcome to come along for part/all of the time. The race is on the Saturday 24th if you’re interested in that.
    Currently there are still EasyJet flights Tuesday 20th morning, returning Sunday 25th evening for £120 return + £70 return for your bike! The only additional cost would be your food & drink bills + a small contribution to the car hire & utilities at our villa!
    Let me know if you are interested.

Seguir sabes que quieres
    todo lo mejor
    roy

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  chris.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.