Pyrenees Coast to Coast Road Trip 2014

Home/WDMBC Events/Trips/Pyrenees Coast to Coast Road Trip 2014

Home Forums WDMBC Events Trips Pyrenees Coast to Coast Road Trip 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Early heads up that next year around either late May or early June I am provisionally planning a ride across the Pyrenees this will be a supported ride on road bikes and take in some of the Tour De France climbs.
    Mileage for the trip will be around 400 plus miles and we will be looking at 6 or 7 days of riding.
    So start thinking about it and get ready to commit around the end of December :drink_nl:

NickT
    Participant

Sounds like a great idea but unfortunately it would have to be around Easter for me as am away that week

chris
    Keymaster

Nick dates are not set if your keen let me know what date u are unavailable and these can be considered..those that are interested should post up as it would be good to gauge interest early on.

PS Easter would be far to early as some of the climbs would still have snow on and be closed

paul
    Keymaster

I’m interested but couldnt make the Spring Bank Holiday weekend (end May) – should be OK for early June

MickF
    Participant

paul wrote: I’m interested but couldnt make the Spring Bank Holiday weekend (end May) – should be OK for early June

Go from the gun Paul a la Herr Martin

paul
    Keymaster

MickF wrote: Go from the gun Paul a la Herr Martin

You aint wrong son….full bore all the way

You coming along for the ride big Mickey?

paul
    Keymaster

PS Mick…that race at the weekend was torrid….85% max HR for 2 hours 🙂 It’s been an absolute pleasure to race with you on the roads this year…..I’ve learnt a lot and your talent and hard work shines through…chapeau

chris
    Keymaster

Back to the thread -dont be bashful if you are remotely thinking about coming post up so far those that have asked me about it

Paul
    Nick
    JohnJ
    Steve P plus a mate

Be great to know early on how many people are keen as this will affect costs and travel plans

Graeme
    Participant

I might be interested but it would depend on dates and work!

chris
    Keymaster

Definitely interested in a week in the Pyrenees – Who wouldn’t be? Would prefer mid-June though as there can still be plenty of snow in May!

NickT
    Participant

As I am now at college and not at school I break up for summer at the end of June rather than towards the end of July so I could do the end of June.

RoyS
    Participant

Chris

Put me down though I can be flexible on the time early June would suit best as depends on the winter snow could be an issue during May!

KevinP
    Participant

Chris,

Would be interested dependant on dates as want to concentrate on para cycling races next year.

chris
    Keymaster

RoyS wrote: Chris

Put me down though I can be flexible on the time early June would suit best as depends on the winter snow could be an issue during May!

Will do Roy hope the shoulder is better and we see you out soon

Clive is also keen so numbers rising, so post up if interested.

chris
    Keymaster

KevinP wrote: Chris,

Would be interested dependant on dates as want to concentrate on para cycling races next year.

After a week of climbing you would be awesome when your back. As previously stated the best time to go would be early June before it gets too hot possibly last week in MAY but dependent on who can make what dates and will have to go with the magority

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.