Prudential Ride London Surrey 100 2015

Home/WDMBC Events/Road Races/Prudential Ride London Surrey 100 2015

Home Forums WDMBC Events Road Races Prudential Ride London Surrey 100 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thought I had better start a new post as I was posting under Ride London 2014.

The e-mail has just come out again for the Team ride in this years London Prudential 100. The Team needs to consist of four riders. Since we rode last year I believe we get one automatic Team place but we could apply for more.

I applied for the individual and was again unsuccessful. Is anyone interested in riding the team event? We need to get the Team application in by the 23 March. The ride is on Sunday 2 August 2015 and is a closed road event. Jorge, Darren, DaveE and I did last year in the rain and it was still a great day.

I’m keen to have another go.

JORGE REPLIED
    I’m with you on this KevinP. Would love to see 2 teams this year. Not sure we do get an automatic entry however…

How did you find out about the club challenge this year? I haven’t seen anything yet…

If there are enough spaces might join in, but would like to give the option for those that were interested last year but did not make it to get a space this year.

KevinP

Hi Jorge
    E-mail came to me from British Cycling stating that the Team entry was open and:

Any club represented in the 2014 Club Challenge is guaranteed, upon application, a minimum of one team in the 2015 Club Challenge. There are places for 400 teams in total. If applications are received for more than 400 teams, a ballot will be held.

Additional details

Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member at the time of entry and on the day of the event.
    Riders who hold an Elite or 1st Category British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
    Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

Darren
    Participant

OK I got the email yesterday, texted Chris and acted quickly.

I’ve put in for 1 x male team (4 men) and 1 x mixed team (2 men & 2 women) on behalf of WDMBC / Specialized Ruislip

We’ll see what comes back.

It’s £58 each and British Cycling membership required.

Darren
    Participant

FYI. The application reference number is: 79041443

KevinP
    Participant

Well done Darren, at least we are guaranteed one team place anyway. We may gat the mixed team as well. I know other clubs had two or three teams entered last year. Would love the chance to ride this again and complete the full course hopefully not in the deluge that was last year.

chris
    Keymaster

Think John Jones has also applied for some club teams and posted up on the clubs Facebook page.

Darren
    Participant

I know that John has applied before so if we get a guaranteed team I think he should be given a place on the team.

johnj
    Participant

I have applied for 4 teams, if they get accepted then we have until April 19th to submit our entries. As Chris said I posted up n FACEBOOK.

I would like to rider in one of the teams.

chris
    Keymaster

Wow, seems this year things are going quite faster!!!

Let’s see how they deal with 2 different requests for teams from the same club.

From a couple of friend,s that are TCC members, said TCC had 7 teams!!!

chris
    Keymaster

Steve Heatley a new member is up for one place if its going.

nick parfitt
    Participant

I’ve got my place for the Surrey 100 be nice to join a team count me in

chris
    Keymaster

Paul Carpenter is another club member after a spot

chris
    Keymaster

I am a member of British Cycling and would be keen to ride in the mixed team if there are any spaces.

johnj
    Participant

We will know by the end of March if we are successful in the ballot.

chris
    Keymaster

Chris

I am a director of a local charity, Peterson’s Fund for Children. We have five spots in this year’s race and are looking for riders. we are also interested in sponsoring teams for the 4 person competition that has been added this year. Please let your club members know about these spots and pass them our email address at petersonsfund@gmail.com.

Thanks

Tim

chris
    Keymaster

Paul Miller AKA Paul from the shop our sponsor is keen on one spot if available, as is Sam Edwards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.