Moonlight swim, Taplow Lake, Fri 31st August

Home/WDMBC Events/Triathlons/Moonlight swim, Taplow Lake, Fri 31st August

Home Forums WDMBC Events Triathlons Moonlight swim, Taplow Lake, Fri 31st August

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Taplow lake open 9pm Friday 31 Aug till late.
    Also open from 6pm that evening for their normal swim.
    They will put illuminous bands on the bouys, Light the BBQ – sounds like fun to me…
    Also a possibility of a night ride??
    I was down their earlier this evening for a swim, first time in that lake – really lovely. Nice and clear, very few weeds. Great changing room….. Loads of space !!

chris
    Keymaster

I’ve been for a moonlight swim in the Thames at Taplow, trouble was it was mid December and I was still on my bike😄.

Cheers
    RoyB

chris
    Keymaster

Sounds interesting Di – could be up for this.
    Just so you know the reason you’ve not seen me at Datchet has been due to Olympic shifts and few other commitments recently eg wedding BUT also because I’ve been looking over at Thorpe Lakes as they are literally behind my house and take me about 10 mins to cycle there 🙂

chris
    Keymaster

Roy, most people leave their bikes at the side of the lake when
    they go swimming. Although I did hear of a couple of lads back home strapped a few bouys to a bike and rode it off the jetty at high tide. Nice long run up & apparently you could get quite big air…

Jules – let me know nearer the time. There is parking there or I am planning to cycle there as it’s just off the Dorney loop! There’s a bar …..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.