Geneva to Lake Garda Road Trip

Home/WDMBC Events/Trips/Geneva to Lake Garda Road Trip

Home Forums WDMBC Events Trips Geneva to Lake Garda Road Trip

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

OK now provisionally full as we are up to 20 people a couple of extar peope want to come however no one is confirmed until they have paid a deposit , I will put an asterix against your name as soon as I have recieved the dosh, £50 ideally BACS transfer into the club account

Myself and John have poured over the maps using his local knowledge and reckon we have a good hard route-there are a couple of days where people can miss some of the major cols if feelinga bit fragile and of course we will have the support van as a sag wagon worst case scenario.

The driver Tom the wheels is available and is chomping at the bit to drive the club van up and down the Stelvio Pass

Sam/Me/Karen/Nick T have already bagged a lift to Geneva in the van-the van will be taking all the bikes so those flying need to source some cheap flights-I will NOT be booking flights for people.

So start booking your leave.

The plan is a 7 day road tour from Thonon Les Bains France to Riva Del Garda Italy.
    The dates will be from the 12th Sept to 19th Sept.
    Distances will be around 100-120km a day, but will be mountainous with the Stelvio Pass likely to be the Highest point.
    The plan is that people either fly to Geneva and make there own way to Thonon Les Bains which is an hours transfer by bus or come over in the club van which is likely to be leaving very eary Sat morning or going overnight Friday.The return journey will be most likely fly from Verona which is about an hour away by car from Lake Garda.A few of us are planning a rendevous with the other halfs and a few days R&R before returning home.

I will not be booking or soorting out people flights a present flights from Verona to Stanstead on the day after we get to Lake Garda are less than £50
    The suggested daily stages will be
    Thonon Les Bains
    Sion
    Fiesch
    Bellinzona
    Chavenna
    Zernek
    Pointe De Nero
    Torbole Lake Garda
    Numbers are strictly limited to 20, as we can only get 19 bikes max in the van.
    Any Qs come back to me, in terms of cost, would think it will be close to the cost of this years trip,£500-£600 however the costs to get the van back from Italy will entail a bit more driving but split between 18 or so should not raise the stakes to much and will be about a 1/4 of the price of an organised tour operators fees.

So far
    Jorge
    Dave E*
    Sean S
    Graeme
    Graham
    Nick T
    Tim B
    Matt B
    Darren S
    Steve Pe
    Ben*
    Paul M
    Sam E *
    Lotte
    Tom the wheels*
    Me*
    Karen
    Simon Slater*
    Clive
    Roy S
    Reserve Steve H

Cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

OK now provisionally full as we are up to 20 people a couple of extra peope want to come however no one is confirmed until they have paid a deposit , I will put an asterix against your name as soon as I have recieved the dosh, £50 ideally BACS transfer into the club account

Myself and John have poured over the maps using his local knowledge and reckon we have a good hard route-there are a couple of days where people can miss some of the major cols if feelinga bit fragile and of course we will have the support van as a sag wagon worst case scenario.

The driver Tom the wheels is available and is chomping at the bit to drive the club van up and down the Stelvio Pass

Sam/Me/Karen/Nick T have already bagged a lift to Geneva in the van-the van will be taking all the bikes so those flying need to source some cheap flights-I will NOT be booking flights for people.

The plan is a 7 day road tour from Thonon Les Bains France to Riva Del Garda Italy.
    Distances will be around 100-120km a day, but will be mountainous with the Stelvio Pass likely to be the Highest point.
    The plan is that people either fly to Geneva and make there own way to Thonon Les Bains which is an hours transfer by bus or come over in the club van which is likely to be leaving very eary Sat morning or going overnight Friday.The return journey will be most likely fly from Verona which is about an hour away by car from Lake Garda.A few of us are planning a rendevous with the other halfs and a few days R&R before returning home.

I will not be booking or sorting out people flights a present flights from Verona to Stanstead on the day after we get to Lake Garda are less than £50
    Thonon Les Bains
    Sion
    Fiesch
    Bellinzona
    Chavenna
    Zernek
    Pointe De Nero
    Torbole Lake Garda
    Any Qs come back to me, in terms of cost, would think it will be close to the cost of this years trip,£500-£600 however the costs to get the van back from Italy will entail a bit more driving but split between 18 or so should not raise the stakes to much and will be about a 1/4 of the price of an organised tour operators fees.

So far
    George S*
    Dave E*
    Sean Sq
    Graeme
    Graham
    Nick T
    Tim B
    Matt B
    Darren S
    Steve Pe
    Ben*
    Paul M
    Sam E *
    Lotte
    Tom the wheels*
    Me*
    Karen
    Simon Slater*
    Clive
    Roy S
    Reserve Steve H

Cheers Chris

Graeme
    Participant

I’ve just sent the deposit across to the club account.

chris
    Keymaster

Few more deposits recieved

OK now provisionally full as we are up to 20 people a couple of extra peope want to come however no one is confirmed until they have paid a deposit , I will put an asterix against your name as soon as I have recieved the dosh, £50 ideally BACS transfer into the club account

I will not be booking or sorting out people flights a present flights from Verona to Stanstead on the day after we get to Lake Garda are less than £50
    Thonon Les Bains
    Sion
    Fiesch
    Bellinzona
    Chavenna
    Zernek
    Pointe De Nero
    Torbole Lake Garda

So far
    George S*
    Dave E*
    Sean Sq*
    Graeme*
    Graham
    Nick T*
    Tim B*
    Matt B
    Darren S
    Steve Pe*
    Ben*
    Paul M
    Sam E *
    Lotte
    Tom the wheels*
    Me*
    Karen
    Simon Slater*
    Clive
    Roy S
    Reserve Steve H

Cheers Chris

GrahamL
    Participant

Just sent my deposit over to the club account.

GrahamL
    Participant

Had a quick scout around for flights to Geneva, only Swiss and BA have fares available at the moment Swiss is £57.61 and BA is £74.11 both from Heathrow. Easyjet haven’t got fares up until then but should be up at the end of next week think they start at around £27.99 if you get in early. The week before in September is currently £40.99 and they fly from Gatwick and Luton with more options from Gatwick.

chris
    Keymaster

Few more deposits recieved only a coupple of spaces left 2 I have reserved for Paul M and Lotte who had the money at Clashot but I was busy sorting out teh track mney at the time.

Potentially if the hotels can take another person we cpould increase the no’s from 20 but the proviso wold be the last to pay the deposits would have to bring their bikes over by plane as we can only get 19 bikes in the van and even at that it will be a squeeze.

Remember no one is confirmed until they have paid a deposit , I will put an asterix against your name as soon as I have recieved the dosh, £50 ideally BACS transfer into the club account

Sam/Me/Karen/Nick T have already bagged a lift to Geneva in the van-the van will be taking all the bikes so those flying need to source some cheap flights-I will NOT be booking flights for people.Graham has done some research in the above post re costs.

Thonon Les Bains
    Sion
    Fiesch
    Bellinzona
    Chavenna
    Zernek
    Pointe De Nero
    Torbole Lake Garda

So far
    George S*
    Dave E*
    Sean Sq*
    Graeme*
    Graham*
    Nick T*
    Tim B*
    Matt B*
    Darren S
    Steve Pe*
    Ben*
    Paul M
    Sam E *
    Lotte
    Tom the wheels*
    Me*
    Karen*
    Simon Slater*
    Clive*
    Peter M*
    Roy S
    Reserve Steve H

Cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

OK I have now got 20 deposits anda few reserves who have shown an interest but nt paid a deposit

Potentially if the hotels can take another 1 or 2 people we could increase the no’s from 20 but the proviso would be the last to pay the deposits would have to bring their bikes over by plane as we can only get 19 bikes in the van and even at that it will be a squeeze.
    I have put an asterix against your name those that have paid a deposit.

Sam/Me/Karen/Nick T have already bagged a lift to Geneva in the van-the van will be taking all the bikes so those flying need to source some cheap flights-I will NOT be booking flights for people.Graham has done some research in the above post re costs.

Thonon Les Bains
    Sion
    Fiesch
    Bellinzona
    Chavenna
    Zernek
    Pointe De Nero
    Torbole Lake Garda
    Numbers are provisionally limited to 20, as we can only get 19 bikes max in the van.

So far
    1.George S*
    2.Sam Edwards*
    3.Dave E*
    4.Sean Sq*
    5.Graeme*
    6.Graham*
    7.Nick T*
    8.Tim B*
    9.Matt B*
    10.Darren S*
    11.Steve Pe*
    12Ben*
    13.Paul M*
    14.Lotte*
    15.Tom the wheels*
    16.Me*
    17.Karen*
    18.Simon Slater*
    19.Clive*
    20.Peter M*
    Reserve
    Roy S
    Steve H

Cheers Chris

GrahamL
    Participant

Easyjet fares up for Saturday 12th September, schedule is:

LGW 08:10 – Gen 10:45, £40.99
    LGW 10:45 – Gen 13:20, £40.99
    LGW 12:50 – Gen 15:25, £40.99
    LGW 15:40 – Gen 18:15, £40.99
    LGW 18:35 – Gen 21:10, £42.99

LTN 07:20 – Gen 10:00, £38.99
    LTN 13:05 – Gen 15:45, £38.99

chris
    Keymaster

OK apart from the last night at Lake Garda, all the the hotels have been booked for 20 people namely those that had paid their deposits which are as below. I will hopefully send an e-mail out to people over the weekend and also try and find out who is likely to be joined by their other halfs and want to book seperately for the Sat night at Lake Garda, remember the plan is to ride into Torbole and Lake Garda is a very big place and booking a place on the ooposite end of the Lake will entail quite afew more kilometres and the last days riding is already over 70 miles or 87 if we go over the Bagolino Pass .
    1.George S*
    2.Sam Edwards*
    3.Dave E*
    4.Sean Sq*
    5.Graeme*
    6.Graham*
    7.Nick T*
    8.Tim B*
    9.Matt B*
    10.Darren S*
    11.Steve Pe*
    12Ben*
    13.Paul M*
    14.Lotte*
    15.Tom the wheels*
    16.Me*
    17.Karen*
    18.Simon Slater*
    19.Clive*
    20.Peter M*

if the reserves are very keen we can try and see if ewe can get another 1 or 2 people into the hotels but they will have to fly both ways with their bikes.It is always likely that 1 person will have to drop out with sucha big number-remember the £50 deposit is non refundable but you can if you can not make it get someone to take your place and transfer the hotel costs over to them

Reserves
    Roy S
    Steve H

chris
    Keymaster

Ok guys and girls need to know who is intending to stay Sat night , who is meeting their other halfs and who do not want to stay with the group on the lastm
    night at Lake Garda-Torbole.

Need someone to start co-ordinating flights as would be ideal if people wentto Geneva and returned from Verona on the same flights to make transport easier.

cheers

NickT
    Participant

I was intending to stay that Saturday night and would happily do so with the group if thats what some people are intending to do?

Graeme
    Participant

I’ve got sorted with a flight for the trip and thought I’d post the details on here I’m booked on a flight out to Geneva with BA, flying from Heathrow departing at 09:40.

Flight times for the 12th September are:

06:50

08:20

09:40

11:40 £105 or £120

14:05

15:10 £105 or £120

17:40 £89 or £104

The flight times with no prices listed here are £72 or £87. The prices for the flights are one way and the lower price includes hand baggage only with the higher price including one piece of checked luggage up to 23kg. I hope that makes sense!
    There are limited numbers of seats available at these prices and as the flights start to fill up the prices will rise.

I’ve not looked into flights for the return yet as I plan on staying over for a few days once we arrive at Lake Garda.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Graeme.
    chris
    Keymaster

I know a few people have now booked flights -but still a few to do so-the sooner the better otherwise it will be more expensive

So far most of the group are happy to stay in the same hotel on the Sat night-although there maybe some extra people as I now Sandra is joining Clive if anyones other half is joining the group let me know, as the last night is the only hotel that has not been booked as yet .

Cheers Chris

NickT
    Participant

Hi Chris I would stay in the same hotel Saturday night if I had the option.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.