French Road Trip 2020

Home/French Road Trip 2020

Home Forums French Road Trip 2020

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Ok the plans for 2020s road trip are now being finalised, the plan is to ride from the Atlantic coast -San Sebastian to Girona close to the Mediterranean in 7 days taking in a number of iconic Tour De France Cols, numbers will be limited to 18. Mileage will be approx 110kms on average. Final distances will be known when Hotels are confirmed.

A deposit from those interested will be requested once all Hotels are booked, this will be £100 and is non refundable.

The club van will be used to support the ride and there will be a dedicated driver whose costs will be met by the group

Full costs are difficult to confirm at this stage but last years trip which included 7 nights hotels accommodation, seven breakfasts and most evening meals was £550 approx.

On top of this is the travel to and from the start and finish will be on top of this as will snacks during the day and any drinks at meal times.

Dates are 7th June for a week, so let me know if keen already wanting to come are the following

Me

Gosia

Tom P

Ant

Dave Eck

Daves Brother

Ramin

GrahamL
    Participant

Hi Chris, I’d like a spot on the trip please.

chris
    Keymaster

A quick update the hotels are now booked for 18 people for the French trip, these were booked yesterday and some are already asking for deposits so I know it is early but I do need some commitment from people.

The bottom line is I need a deposit of £100 from those that want to come by the end of the week.

As always this is a non returnable deposit, the exception to this is that if you pull out and find another club member to take your place that will fit into the group then they can take your space and they will be responsible for refunding you any money paid.

If I have to find another person to take your place or we do not manage to fill your space then as stated the deposit is non refundable and will be put into the kitty for the trip.

As always the final costs are unknown as it will depend on how many evening meals we take as a group, exchange rates, petrol costs and tolls. The costs for the last two years has been under £600 which has included most evening meals, on top of this there are drinks in the evening and snacks during the day plus travel to and from the start and finish. It is anticipated that costs will be similar to the last 2 years.

Everyone will have to pay £500 into the club account prior to departure, if there is a legitimate reason for someone pulling out before the trip then any additional sums paid into the club account minus the deposit will be refunded.

Hotels will be mostly twin/double (for the couples) rooms although on a couple of occasions we may need 3 or 4 people to a room due to a lack of options available

The start and finish locations have been picked for ease of travel for those travelling by plane.

Bikes will all be taken in the club van at your own risk.

All those coming will be expected to help out at one club event over the year

Details of club bank account
    WDMBC
    Sort Code
    Acc No

Meet St Jean De Luiz Sat 6th June
    Provisional Route
    Day 1 June 7th
    St Jean De Luiz to St Jean de Pied 88km/1634M climbing
    Day 2 June 8th
    St Jean De Pied to Col Du Soulor 130km/3900M
    Day 3 June 9th
    Col Du Soulor to Bagneeres 106Km/3152M
    Day4 June10th
    Bagneeres to Boitx 133Km/2770M
    Day 5 June 11th
    Boitx to Aix Les Thermes 98Km/2165M
    Day 6 June12th
    Aix Le Thermes to Ribes De Freser 98Km/2165
    Day 7 June 13th
    Ribes de Freser to Girona 97Km/1214M

chris
    Keymaster

Deposits so far

1.Me
    2.Gosia
    3.Tom
    4.Rick F

14 to go !

GrahamL
    Participant

Hi Chris, I’ve sent the deposit to the club account.

Cheers

Graham

chris
    Keymaster

ok deposits received from
    Tom P
    Gosia
    Me
    Graham Lane
    Sean K
    Ramin
    Rick F
    Mark B
    Sarah D
    Ant S
    Richard K
    Dave E
    Dave E Plus 1

chris
    Keymaster

The trip is now full
    1 Henry
    2 Tom P
    3 Richard King
    4 Gosia M
    5 Graham L
    6 Dave Eck
    7 Dave ECk plus 1
    8 Me
    9 Mark B
    10 Sarah D
    11 George S
    12 Ewilina S
    13 Ramin R
    14 Stephen
    15 Rick F
    16 Ant S
    17 Darren S
    18 Kasia A
    19 Sam E
    20 Sean K
    If anyone else is interested I will run a reserve list so get in touch, if you want to be added to the whats app group for the trip then send me a text.

cheers Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.