club news 11.1.21

Home Forums Bucks CX/gravel sportive 2020 club news 11.1.21

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Its a bit deja vu again as another week of lock down and thus another week of no company or group riding but hopefully if everyone follows the rules and the vaccine continues to be rolled out we will be riding again in the not so distant future. I know a couple of lucky people have already had the vaccination and also a few unfortunate people in the club have succumbed to the virus recently but from what I know all have recovered or our recovering well, hopefully the fact that as cyclists we do have a reasonable level of fitness has helped.
    A big thanks to those that have joined the club or renewed their club membership, hopefully those that have not got around to it yet will do so soon. An even bigger thanks to Matt Smith for taking on the role of Time Trial Secretary, a role that the departing secretary Paul Williams has held for a number of years, too many for me to remember and has always carried out with great efficiency, so another big thanks for his services over the years.
    Over the last few weeks as we have not been able to have any group rides I have been posting up some localish routes with the idea that people can either ride them solo or buddy up with one other person to ride them, the idea is that it gives people a definitive plan for a ride and also the opportunity if the worst comes to it and they have a crash/mechanical that hopefully someone else will be coming along the route to rescue them. I know at least 6 from the club did the published off road route last Saturday morning. To this end I will be posting another off road route later in the week for this Saturday on the clubs facebook page, this route which is just under 60KMs will have a few more lanes to link up some of the fire roads/bridleways, the route is close to a figure of 8 so that if the weather is bad people can cut it short close to Uxbridge after the first loop. If you do fancy riding it and want company why not post up and then hopefully there will be someone of a similar pace/ability that can buddy up with you.
    A quick update on our planned events, the Bucks Road Sportive is scheduled for the 28th Feb, we are hopeful that we will at least be back to the rule of 6 at this stage so that the event can go ahead as planned, the King Alfred’s Way trip in April , all the hotels have been booked for those who have paid their deposits, once again we are very hopeful that come April we will be able to ride in groups and o/night stays are allowable, if we do need to split the group into 6 or less to comply with regs than this is what we will do. The French road trip in June is still very much on the cards, all hotels have been booked as well as the ferry crossing out, there is likely to be 2 vacancies on this trip so anyone interested in bagging a fair few Tour De France Cols including the Col Du Tourmalet then get in touch, those that are booked to come I will need a second deposit by the end of January.
    If any of our new members want any club kit then please get in touch, we do have S/S jerseys in most sizes and training jackets/bib shorts in very limited sizes. Also don’t forget the club does have some good prices on the following, Stans tubeless Race fluid 1 Lt-£25, GT 85 400ml £3, High Five water bottles 750ml £2.50 , CNP Water Bottles £2, CNP protein bars box of 12 -£10 , CNP recovery/Protein powder Trek and High 5 bars and Gels at very close to trade prices, just get in touch if you need anything.
    As stated last week the decision from the club is that despite the current situation that as we expect things to improve soon that we will be running our flag ship event the Bucks Off Road Sportive again, we are waiting to see how the COVID situation progressing before confirming dates, hopefully we will be able to confirm firm details soon, those riders who entered last years cancelled event will have their entry transferred through to this years event.
    Don’t forget to renew your club membership and stay safe.

Major dates
    28th Feb Bucks Road Sportive
    15th to 18th April King Alfreds Way trip
    5-12th June Pyrenees Road Trip

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.