2018 summer road trip

Home/Chat/2018 summer road trip

Home Forums Chat 2018 summer road trip

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Fair enough. Chris is a member though

chris
    Keymaster

Sorry Paul, Chris P is not a name i know and not a person who I have seen n a ride but as a club member will be added to the list.

Good spot Paul- Due to the tour at this stage being over subscribed we do need to restrict it to club members and if we can not fit all that want to come we will need to have a selection policy which will be on what people have done for the club by the way of helping run events .
    I will see if I can find hotels to fit everyone in but in some places it is hard enough work finding hotels for 20!

Currently those who have expressed an interest

Subject to hotels being available date has now been set we will be either starting to ride on the 9th June or the 10th June and it will be 7 days of riding. Flights to Clemont Ferrand are £42 presently on the Friday and £138 on the Saturday.

I will be booking hotels at the end of this week after which I will be asking for deposits of £50 -THESE WILL BE NON REFUNDABLE -if you pull out and find a replacement then the deposit can be swapped to the new person provided they are a club member , the person dropping out will be responsible for sorting this out.,

People will be required to pay a minimum of £450 into the club account prior to the trip and then the balance after all the bolls have come in.

So far the people have told me in the order they have told me they are interested, if we are oversubscribed the selection policy will be on those that have helped out over this year in running the club events
    1.Neil
    2Me
    3.Gosia
    4Graeme
    5Graham
    6Hannah
    7Simon
    8Roger
    9Darren
    10Kasia
    11, Wayne
    12.Tom
    13.Will
    14.Roy
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Paul M plus 1
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Nigel
    22.Clive
    23.Chris P

If anyone else is keen post up ASAP

PaulM
    Participant

Thanks Chris.
    He’s looking to get more active in club events so he’ll be well happy with that 🙂

chris
    Keymaster

Subject to hotels being available date has now been set we will be either starting to ride on the 9th June or the 10th June and it will be 7 days of riding. Flights to Clemont Ferrand are £42 presently on the Friday and £138 on the Saturday.

I will be booking hotels at the end of this week after which I will be asking for deposits of £50 -THESE WILL BE NON REFUNDABLE -if you pull out and find a replacement then the deposit can be swapped to the new person provided they are a club member , the person dropping out will be responsible for sorting this out.,

People will be required to pay a minimum of £450 into the club account prior to the trip and then the balance after all the bolls have come in.

So far the people have told me in the order they have told me they are interested, if we are oversubscribed the selection policy will be on those that have helped out over this year in running the club events
    1.Neil
    2Me
    3.Gosia
    4Graeme
    5Graham
    6Hannah
    7Simon
    8Roger
    9Darren
    10Kasia
    11, Wayne
    12.Tom
    13.Will
    14.Roy
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Paul M plus 1
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Nigel
    22.Clive
    23.Chris P
    24.Jorge
    25 Evelina

If anyone else is keen post up ASAP.

Agne Kudirkaite
    Participant

I would like to put my name down for this trip.

chris
    Keymaster

1.Neil
    2Me
    3.Gosia
    4Graeme
    5Graham
    6Hannah
    7Simon
    8Roger
    9Darren
    10Kasia
    11, Wayne
    12.Tom
    13.Will
    14.Roy
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Paul M plus 1
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Nigel
    22.Clive
    23.Chris P
    24.Jorge
    25 Evelina
    26 Agne
    27 Shaun H

chris
    Keymaster

Just waiting on 2 hotels to confirm and then all hotels will be booked .

chris
    Keymaster

All hotels now booked. I have to whittle the list down to 22, once I have I will ask for deposits
    the criteria for selection is those that have been on previous trips , those that have helped out at club events and those that support club rides so a hard task.
    As always it is likely that people will have t drop out for a myriad of reasons so I will run a reserve list
    currently interested

1.Neil
    2Me
    3.Gosia
    4Graeme
    5Graham
    6Hannah
    7Simon
    8Roger
    9Darren
    10Kasia
    11, Wayne
    12.Tom
    13.Will
    14.Roy
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Paul M plus 1
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Nigel
    22.Clive
    23.Chris P
    24.Jorge
    25 Evelina
    26 Agne
    27 Shaun H
    28. Dave Eckersley

chris
    Keymaster

Ok after a discussion at the pub last night the decision is that people should pay a non refundable deposit of £100 to confirm there interest and then as long as they committ to doing at least one club ride a month and assist with at least one of the clubs open events they will fit the criteria for selection.Those that are racing on the day and unable to make the nominated ride will be excempt. The road ride this month is this Sundays lovelo sportive at Berkhampstead which with 3 distances should be suitable for all
    So if your still interested then e-mail me and I will send you further details how to pay the deposit, initially those that have come previously and assisted in past events will take priority .

chris
    Keymaster

Ok after some discussion the following have been selected for the road trip, those selected need to attend at least 1 club ride a month (Those racing every weekend will be excempt) and also put themselves forward to marshal/help out on one of the following events, the Specialized Crits the BORS on the 13th May or the Black Park XC race in June date TBC and everyone on the list will be expected to ride the clubs road sportive the Bucks Road Sportive on the 26th Feb
    1.Me
    2.Gosia
    3.Tom
    4.Graeme
    5.Graham
    6.Hannah
    7.Simon
    8.Roger
    9.Darren
    10.Kasia
    11.Wayne
    12.Neil
    13.Will
    14.Agne
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Shaun Higgins
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Dave Eck
    22.George S
    Reserves. Last year 4 people pulled out so there is every chance that spaces will become available.If nearer the time of departure there have been no drop outs then I will attempt to add another room at the hotels
    23.Roy
    24.Evelina
    25 Chris P
    26 Paul M plus 1
    If anyone else is interested then please let me know ASAP

NickT
    Participant

Hi Chris us three have Just payed out deposits

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  NickT.
    chris
    Keymaster

ok at the last count I am waiting for payment from the following who were selected .

Paul Miller
    Hannah
    Agne
    Wayne
    Shaun

after the 1st November if the deposits are not forthcoming then I will open it up to Roy and Evelina who both were unlucky to not make the original list

Simon Slater
    Participant

Has anyone looked at flights yet? I have tried Skyscanner and it only shows a Friday flight with Ryan Air departing Stanstead @12.55 and arriving @15.40 at Clermont Ferrand £42.00

Does this mean we will start the ride on the Saturday?

Not sure which airport we will be returning from

Gosia McPherson
    Participant

We start riding on Sunday 10/6. Perpignan is the airport to return from – Sunday 17/6.
    Henry, Darren and Kasia are on 12:55 on 8/6 from Stansted to Clermont and return on 15:25 flight from Perignan (17/6). Chris suggests other people start booking flights 🙂

Cheers
    Gosia

Simon Slater
    Participant

I’ve booked my flights. Heading out Friday 8th June @ 12.55 from Stansted and returning from Perignan 17th June @ 15.25
    Happy to share cab/petrol & parking

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.