Club News 21.1.2018

Home/Club News 21.1.2018

Home Forums Club News 21.1.2018

Well once again we start the club news off with details off yet another win for our cyclo cross star Neil Ellison, this time in the Eastern League, this season has been an incredible success for Neil and hopefully he will register another win in his last race of the cross season next weekend. Over the week we had our usual Wednesday evening social ride, unfortunately at the weekend the weather was pretty awful so the weekend rides were not very well supported, hopefully this weekend coming the weather will be much improved. As most people know as part of the club sponsorship package with the Specialized Concept store in Ruislip, we have the opportunity of getting some bikes/kit at very big discounts, ideally this deal is for those racing and even more ideally for those at the sharp end but we can also put forward those that help out at the club events and are ambassadors for the club and see what Specialized say, so if you are interested in any deal then post up on the forum on the club website Specialized or get in touch. So far if I have my list correct the following have shown an interest, Darren, Gosia, Neil, Sue, Wayne and Will I am sure there must be others out there. A big thanks to those that have entered the Bucks Road Sportive and who have renewed their club membership, hopefully we will see a lot of you out on some of the forthcoming club rides This week we have the Wednesday night social MTB ride meet 7 p.m at the Malt Shovel then Saturday a social MTB ride to Black Park, meeting at the Malt Shovel at 9.30, then Sunday the plan is to have two ability road rides, leaving the Malt Shovel at 9.30. One ride will be around the 15 mph average and be approx 3hrs long with the other at 17mph average and intending to do 4hrs Also Sunday there will be a few club riders representing the club at the final round of the Brass Monkeys series so good luck to those. Also this week as normal a few of us will be at the gym at Brunel, Monday and Thursday at 6.30 p.m. Next Tuesday the plan is to start the Hillingdon CCT road training on a weekly basis, the 1st week the plan will be to ride at Level 3, “tempo” ½ lap changes with the session starting at 6 p.m. and going onto 7.30 p.m. with those looking at a bit more training, practicing their sprints every 5 laps. Ideally there will be enough interest for two or more ability groups. If people arrive late they can just drop into an appropriate group Over the Summer I am looking at an MTB trip to ride the Grande Traverse De Vauclause, this is a roughly 300km off road route around the area around Mont Ventoux, dates are yet to be confirmed and the trip is likely to involve 5-6 days of riding, the plan would be take the club van to help with travelling as it is a place to place ride. Let me know if you are keen on the trip. The forthcoming track session at Calshot is now full If people look at the notable dates below they can see that we have a number of club trips coming up, if anyone wants further details of the Bucks Road Sportive/ Majorca training camp/Paris Roubaix/French road tour then check the clubs forums out or send me an e-mail Hopefully see people on a ride soon Notable dates TBC Day trip to Cannock 17th Feb Bramley Trail Ride 18th Feb Calshot Track Day 25th Feb Bucks Road Sportive www.buckssportive.co.uk 26th Feb Majorca Spring camp 7th April Paris Roubaix sportive 13th May The 20th Bucks off Road Sportive 3rd June Black Park Summer XC Race 10th June Club Road tour July/Aug Club MTB tour November DePanne Beach Race
Viewing 6 topics - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 topics - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.