Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #70933 |

Next Saturday, the 21st March is the clubs first of 3 consecutive weeks of road crits on Saturday afternoon at the Hillingdon Circuit, be great to see a good turnout from the club in the races.
    Ian Chatfield who is organising the events will need some help on the day with marshaling and judging be great to see some new faces volunteering to help-Post up if you can.

Youth races 1 P.M. and 1:30 PM depending on age
    2:10 P.M 4th cat race and a seperate womens race
    3:10 P.M. 2/3/4 cat race

IanChat
    Participant
    #70934 |

Help needed please.

In order to run these races we need 3 marshals minimum for each event, free tea and coffee will be given to volunteers, the races have now been run by the club for 7 years and are very popular as beginning of season testers, this year we have a team from Guernsey again who have in the past with their aggressive riding made the races very exciting. If you want to try racing the 4th cat race is the perfect way to begin, ride that and then marshal the following event.

Thank you

Jorge
    Participant
    #70935 |

I’ve been there past 2 years but will miss out this year… Marshalling is quite good, if you pick your spot well you’ll be able to see all the action!

Graeme
    Participant
    #70936 |

I should be able to get there to help out but won’t know for certain until later in the week.

GrahamL
    Participant
    #70940 |

I’ll help on Saturday, free for a change for club event that I’m not riding in.

chris
    Keymaster
    #70941 |

Cheers Graham and Graeme – a couple more volunteers to assist would be good, anyone helping out and not yet the proud owner of a club hoodie will earn one FOC.

johnj
    Participant
    #70949 |

Hi Chris, Can make the 28th only this year.

chris
    Keymaster
    #70950 |

Still needing at least one more person for this Sat for the marshaling and at least one for signing on.

chris
    Keymaster
    #70953 |

Ok George is also around to help, so with Graham and Graeme that takes care of the marshalling , myself and Karen are doing the catering just need one more person to help with judging/signing on.

IanChat
    Participant
    #70960 |

I have someone for the signing on, so the 3 marshals is great, just need next week now. Thanks to those who stepped up.

Graeme
    Participant
    #70961 |

What time are you going to need us to be there from and roughly what time will we be away?

chris
    Keymaster
    #70962 |

Graeme et All

Will let Iain confirm but the race programme is as follows, so suggest from about 12:45 onwards and should be over by 4:15ish

Youth races 1 P.M. and 1:30 PM depending on age
    2:10 P.M 4th cat race and a seperate womens race
    3:10 P.M. 2/3/4 cat race

chris
    Keymaster
    #70967 |

Big Thanks to all involved today at the crits, good race debuts by Darren and Steve H and Ben showed hos sprinting form winning the bunch sprint unfotunately a fair few in he break up the road-beter luck next week.

Early heads up we need 3 people to help marshal next Saturday, so far Richard G has volunteered anyine esle able to help?

IanChat
    Participant
    #70976 |

We need 2 more marshalls and someone to change the lap board in the 15:00 event for this Saturday the 28th please. We don’t have quite as many entries as last week so hoping for more riders to enter on the day, I have attached the programme for those who are interested.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chris
    Keymaster
    #70999 |

Big thanks to Ian chatfield for organising this week Specialized road crits at Hillingdon and thanks to , Richard Guthrie, Peter Manley and John Jones for helping out. Some great racing, nice to see Ben top 10 and Paul Carpetner just O/S the top, 10 better luck next week in the final round.
    MTB ride, tomorrow, Sunday meet Denham Country Park 9 a.m.

Early heads up need 3 marshals for the race-any volunteers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.