Grande Traversée du Jura

Home/WDMBC Events/Trips/Grande Traversée du Jura

Home Forums WDMBC Events Trips Grande Traversée du Jura

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #70053 |

One of the plans for next year is the below.

The plan will be to organise it ourselfs and have the bags taken by club van each night, this is not meant to be to strenuous or overly technical although it will need a reasonable level of fitness.The proposed dates are likely to be around June time, so although early days start thinking if your up for this next year.

The Grande Traversée du Jura on mountain bike is one of the classic long-distance mountain bike routes. From Mandeure, near to Montbéliard in the Doubs département down to Hauteville-Lompnes in the Ain département, crossing the Jura and the Haut-Jura nature reserve, it is a beautiful way to escape into the Jura Mountains, into the heart of a rich and well-conserved natural environment. The total distance of the route is 380 kilometres.

Practicable from May to October (depending on snow conditions), the GTJ takes mountain bikers from ridge to valley between 300 and 1500 m altitude. The first Mountain Bike route to be created in France, it has been declared a “Grande Traversée VTT” by the Fédération Française de Cyclisme.

The “carto-guide VTT de la GTJ” (GTJ mountain bike map-guidebook), published in 2002 by Chamina publications and ourselves, is extremely popular with those who wish to organise their own holidays. It will enable you to stage your journey, reserve accommodation, prepare your kit and, of course, follow the route.

NickT
    Participant

I’d be interested in this but as am still at college July would be better for me.

chris
    Keymaster

OK dates have now been set for this trip, we will be going over to the start on the weekend of the 20th June and returning the following weekend 4th July.
    The plan will be for the first 6 to drive to the start in the club nvan with bags being taken from stop to stop , distances each day will be about 40-55km

So far I have 3 definites

Myself
    Karen
    Mike B

A few other people have expreseed an interest

Kasia
    Nick
    Dave W
    Lorriane

Anyone else interested or want further details themn let me know if you are definite and will be looking at booking hotels soon

cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

OK dates have now been set for this trip, we will be going over to the start on the weekend of the 20th June and returning the following weekend 4th July.
    The plan will be for the first 6 to drive to the start in the club nvan with bags being taken from stop to stop , distances each day will be about 40-55km

So far I have 3 definites

Myself
    Karen
    Mike B
    Darren

Kasia
    Nick
    Dave W
    Lorriane

Anyone else interested or want further details themn let me know if you are definite and will be looking at booking hotels soon

cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

So far I have 5 definites

Myself
    Karen
    Mike B
    Darren
    Dave W

Kasia
    Nick
    Lorriane

cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

Must be a few more people keen on a relaxed MTB trip through the Jura Mountains, dont be shy get in touch or post up if interested.

chris
    Keymaster

Anyone interested in the clubs Summer Mountain Bike trip across the Jura Mountains the route will be based on the following web site , http://www.philippe-bourgine.com/gtj_vtt_2002.htm dates are the 27th June to the 5th July. So far I have interested Dave W,Darren,Kasia,Lorraine,Karen,Mike Burton and myself -anyone else keen let me know ASAP . Suggest we meet at the next club night to chat about travelling arrangments and accommodation.

chris
    Keymaster

Last call for those interested in the Jura MTB trip -£50 deposit required to the club account to confirm your place as hotels will be booked at the weekend

cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster

Ferry now booked

Booking reference 6425928210
    Outward Dover – Calais (MyChoice) – 27/06/2015 08:45 –
    Return Calais – Dover (MyChoice) – 05/07/2015 15:25 –

chris
    Keymaster

Now up to 7

Lorraine-Flying

Kasia
    Me
    Darren
    Karen
    Dave
    Mike B

Anyne else ?

chris
    Keymaster

Not long to go to the Jura MTB trip – Mike Burton has offered to create GPS files for those going on the trip so navigation will hopefully be a doddle.

Ferry Booking reference 6425928210
    Outward Dover – Calais (MyChoice) – 27/06/2015 08:45 –
    Return Calais – Dover (MyChoice) – 05/07/2015 15:25 –

Can everyone coming make sure they have transferred a total of £100 to the club accounts prior to the trip

cheers Chris

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  chris.
    chris
    Keymaster

Well the first 2 days riding has been awesome hard climbs but not overly long like the Alps -good company and the weather has been scorchio.

A few photo’s on the clubs facebook page.

chris
    Keymaster

Well the first 2 days riding has been awesome hard climbs but not overly long like the Alps -good company and the weather has been scorchio.

A few photo’s on the clubs facebook page.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.