Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #74500 |

Another week rolls by and hopefully people got out on teir bikes over the week and made the most of the good weather. I look forward to seeing people at Club night on Monday at The Crown PH where we will be dishing out jobs to enable this Saturdays Night of the Knobbly Tread race run smoothly, we will be meeting from 8.30 p.m. if you are helping out and can not make the club night please just let me know by E-Mail . It is nice to see that we have got 11 entries from the club for the race, but certainly room for a number more and especially from our regular racers, Sam Phillips, Clive Evans, Paul Miller, Roger Fowkes, so get your entries in. The night race costs a lot more to put on then a day race, due to the costs of hiring lights and we really need to get a big field to warrant carrying on with this event, so lets all make sure this is not the last Night race at the venue by entering and encouraging all are MTB buddies to enter as well. Pre entry closes on Wednesday but there will be entry on the night available.
    Over this week the Road training on Tuesday was well supported and although it was a good hard session it is suitable for different abilities and all are welcome to attend. This is on again this Tuesday coming meet at the Hillingdon Cycle circuit at 6.30 p.m. Wednesdays social ride was not so well attended and we do have to make the decision if we are going to keep these going on a weekly basis now the nights are drawing in. This week we will still plan on meeting at 7 p.m. at the Malt Shovel. Thursdays pre ride of the Night cct was extremely well attended and will be repeated this Thursday meet at Go Ape 6.30 p.m. I will also be riding around the race cct on Friday morning if anyone who is racing or who wants to assist in marking out the cct on Saturday wants to get to know the route.
    This weekend just gone there was a social road ride as well as a contingent form the club taking part in the Exposure MTB marathon event , hopefully those that attended enjoyed their weekend.
    Also good to see Barney Brown, Paul Williams and Guy Chappelle lying the club colours at the WLC 10
    The voting for the club racer of the month for July has now closed and it was a win for Kasi so well done to her and a big thanks to those that took the trouble to vote.
    Saturday we will be marking the race course out from 10.30, if anyone wants to assist and they know the route then let me know. The putting up of the gazebo’s and lights will take place from 5:30 and some extra labour will be required to assist with this, once again let me know if you can help.
    I will be booking accommodation for the Scottish trip this week, at the last count the following have stated they are coming, Clive, Gosia, Roy, Wayne, Andrew , Darren and Kasia , if you want to come let me know ASAP.

Also we will have the latest club kit order at Club night tomorrow so if you need kit or ordered kit pop along.

Details of other events and more details of the events below are on the club website so keep checking that out
    See you on a ride soon.

Major dates
    Sept 2/3 Scott Mountain Marathon, Hope Valley
    September 9th Night of the Knobbly Tread
    Oct 5-8th Scottish MTB Trip
    October 8th WLC Hill Climb
    November 21st DePanne beach race

7th April Paris Roubaix Sportive

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.