Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #74700 |

Once again we start off the club news reminding people that the club Christmas do is on the 9th December, a few people have put a lot of hard work into this, arranging the Venue/Music/Food so please support this event, at the last count we had 36 people interested, so now its time to pay for your ticket, a grand total of £30 per head, as always a BACS transfer to the club account secures your place although I can take cash at the next club night.

At the Club Xmas event we usually have two awards, club person of the month and club racer of the year, so don’t forget to let me know who you think should in these awards.

On the racing front it was great to see Neil Ellison result last week was a small blip in his form and he was once again back to winning way in the latest round of the Central Cross League, it was also great to see that Paul White had his best result of the series with a 6th place finish, proving the clubs cross/MTB training has been working.

Last Tuesday we had a good turnout for the road training, the cross training on Thursday and then 2 MTB rides Saturday and Sunday at The Lookout this weekend.

This week the plan is today (Tues) road training at Hillingdon with last weeks session being repeated, Thursday it is cross training -meet at the Uxbridge Athletics track car park at 6.30 p.m. then at the weekend for a few of it is a trip to the home of bike racing-Belgium where we take part in the De Panne Beach race, also Saturday Simon is leading a road training ride of 3.5 to 4hrs pace is likely to be about the 17.5 MPH average , post up for more details, Sunday the plan for some is the Badlands Sportive a CX sportive in Henley , then Monday it is club night at The Crown form 8.30 p.m.

Looking further ahead, the club AGM is on the 30th November at the Specialized Concept store in Ruislip, starting at 7 p.m. if you want a say in the way the club is run make sure you come along, if anyone has any items for the agenda please let me know. I do have some limited club kit in stock , if you need anything let me know and if I have it in stock I can bring it along to the AGM.

Looking further ahead there are a couple of spaces left on the South Wales MTB trip on the 5/6/7th Jan, so if you fancy doing Afan and possibly Brechfa and Bike Park Weales get in touch pronto.

There are a number of us going to Majorca, the home of Spring Cycling-Majorca over the last week in February to the 1st week of March if interested post up on the club forum, http://www.westdraytonmbc.co.uk/forums/topic/march-training-camp/ the more the merrier.

Hopefully see people on a ride soon

Notable dates

26th November DePanne Beach Race
    30th November Club AGM
    TBC Day trip to Cannock
    9th December Xmas Party
    5/6/7th Jan South Wales MTB trip
    25th Feb Bucks Road Sportive
    26th Feb Majorca Spring camp
    7th April Paris Roubaix sportive
    13th May the 20th Bucks off Road Sportive
    10th June Club Road tour

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  chris.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.