Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • chris
    Keymaster
    #73651 |

A big thanks to those club members that have already entered the club Bucks Road Sportive, always good to enter events early to give you something to inspire you to train through the winter.

We have a new website address for the event as we look to increase the number of participants this year , the pre entry fee is £12 and although we are not doin a club discount, club members that pre enter will get some extra freebies when signing on.

Website address is http://www.buckssportive.co.uk/index-2.html

Will Blackham
    Participant
    #73663 |

Just a note on this, would be nice to have the date of the event on that page

Bucks Road Sportive : 26th February 2017

Rather than having to then click on the ‘enter on-line’ to find out the date is there

I actually navigated away thinking the date hadn’t been announced yet……

Just a bit of feedback!

paul
    Keymaster
    #73664 |

Thanks for the feedback Will – now updated

chris
    Keymaster
    #73665 |

Thanks guys if anyone else has any suggestions for the website post up.

chris
    Keymaster
    #73836 |

Time to get those entries in.

Going to have a ride around both the long and short routes over the next few weeks , medals for all finishers and free energy bar/gel when signing on.

Peter Chapman
    Participant
    #73851 |

Hi Chris im not riding this – but can help out on the day.

chris
    Keymaster
    #73852 |

Thanks Peter.

In the morning we will need a couple pf people to assist signing on and a couple of people to help with refreshments , even if riding these tasks should be able to be combined with riding also a couple of people to assist with the parking .

For the actual running of the event we need a volunteer to take some event photographs so we can post them up on Facebook post event, I am hoping Neil or Siobhan can once again do the honours but if anyone else can help get in touch.

Cheers Chris

chris
    Keymaster
    #73866 |

Went around the short loop today, we have changed this route a bit to stay off the short A road section into West Wycombe and it now also follows the main route in Marlow up Quarry Wood Road to Winter Hill with a very small route change just before Joiners Lane. Will be pre riding the long route soon.

chris
    Keymaster
    #73881 |

Ok planning to pre ride the long course on the 1st Feb weather dependent no ice or rain, aiming to leave the Social club 9.30 or 10 a.m what ever time suits most people.Let me know if you want to join in the fun.

Sue Tebbs
    Participant
    #73909 |

Happy to make cakes and help with the signing on before the ride. I plan to be taking part.

chris
    Keymaster
    #73913 |

Thanks Sue, need a couple more people to assist with car parking, catering and signing on before they start.

Pre ride of the 100km course Wed 1st Feb leaving the social club at 10 a.m.

Darren
    Participant
    #73928 |

The 100km Bucks Road Sportive GPX file is available to Club Members to download on the Clubs Facebook discussion group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/557235464401072/files/

BRS_2017.gpx

Darren
    Participant
    #73930 |

Unfortunately, could not attach the GPX file here.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Darren.
    Darren
    Participant
    #73990 |

I’ve uploaded the 100km and 85km BRS routes to the Clubs Facebook Members Group for download. Cheers. Should be a great event, they are super routes with a few good hills.

Jorge
    Participant
    #73992 |

I’m available to help out sunday, not sure if I’ll do the riding bit yet… At what time are people getting there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.