Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • NeilE
    Participant
    #74529 |

There are some possible short cuts that could be put in..

Day 1 – miss the Superbesse climb and go straight down the main road – saves 8miles & 300m ascent
    Day 2 – follow the N122 into aurillac (main road) – saves 11 miles & 350m ascent
    Day 3 – Stay in the valley at Grand Vabre – saves 3.5miles & 300m of ascent
    Day 4 – it only 54miles as the crow flies, but 95miles by road – no options to shortcut due the the twisting nature of the road, this was the shoerts i could feasibly make it unless you just followed the main N road (72miles)
    Day 5 – Again no options to short cut
    Day 6 – no options to short cut but only 68 miles
    Day 7 – 82miles no short cuts (more details to follow)

Darren
    Participant
    #74534 |

Kasia and I would like to go this year. However, now it is my brother who is getting married (Not me btw!) on the 22nd of June. Can we squeeze this trip in after the first weekend (for Simon Slater) but before the 22nd please? It is definately June you are looking at I’m assuming?

PaulM
    Participant
    #74537 |

I’d love to come please :)
    Any time in June is Ok at the moment but could do with knowing the exact dates asap to book it up

chris
    Keymaster
    #74539 |

Ok so far we have the following Looks a tough trip bit hopefully although the mileages are slightly up on this year the climbs are generally not so bad

Those interested
    Neil
    Me
    Gosia
    Graeme
    Graham
    Hannah
    Simon
    Roger
    Paul M
    11 spots to go!

Unfortunately date wise it is looking like it has to be the W/C 4th June.

RoyS
    Participant
    #74540 |

Love to be considered for the trip, if you let me!!

Missed the last one and racing this year due to injury

Will Blackham
    Participant
    #74541 |

Yes please! Really enjoyed the last one :)

chris
    Keymaster
    #74542 |

Ok so far we have the following Looks a tough trip bit hopefully although the mileages are slightly up on this year the climbs are generally not so bad

Those interested
    Neil
    Me
    Gosia
    Graeme
    Graham
    Hannah
    Simon
    Roger
    Paul M
    Tom
    Will
    Roy
    8 spots to go!

Unfortunately date wise it is looking like it has to be the W/C 4th June.Will confirm this week coming

Darren
    Participant
    #74543 |

Hi Chris, we did stick our names down earlier, Kasia and I , cheers Darren

Those interested
    Neil
    Me
    Gosia
    Graeme
    Graham
    Hannah
    Simon
    Roger
    Darren
    Kasia
    Paul M
    Tom
    Will
    Roy
    6 spots to go!

NickT
    Participant
    #74544 |

Hi Guys count me in I’ll ask Chris aswell

chris
    Keymaster
    #74548 |

Subject to hotels being available date has now been set we will be either starting to ride on the 9th June or the 10th June and it will be 7 days of riding. Flights to Clemont Ferrand are £42 presently on the Friday and £138 on the Saturday.
    So far interested
    Those interested
    Neil
    Me
    Gosia
    Graeme
    Graham
    Hannah
    Simon
    Roger
    Darren
    Kasia
    Paul M
    Tom
    Will
    Roy
    Nick
    Paul M
    Paul M plus 1
    3 spots to go!

NickT
    Participant
    #74551 |

Christopher is also Intrested along with dad

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  NickT.
    NigelS
    Participant
    #74553 |

I am interested. Jean is still thinking. Not sure what about though!

chris
    Keymaster
    #74554 |

ok looks like there are more than twenty people interested as so far we have 21

Subject to hotels being available date has now been set we will be either starting to ride on the 9th June or the 10th June and it will be 7 days of riding. Flights to Clemont Ferrand are £42 presently on the Friday and £138 on the Saturday.

I will be booking hotels at the end of this week after which I will be asking for deposits of £50 -THESE WILL BE NON REFUNDABLE -if you pull out and find a replacement then the deposit can be swapped to the new person, the person dropping out will be responsible for sorting this out

People will be required to pay a minimum of £450 into the club account prior to the trip and then the balance after all the bolls have come in.

So far the people have told me in the order they have told me they are interested, if we are oversubscribed the selection policy will be on those that have helped out over this year in running the club events
    1.Neil
    2Me
    3.Gosia
    4Graeme
    5Graham
    6Hannah
    7Simon
    8Roger
    9Darren
    10Kasia
    qq.Paul M
    12.Tom
    13.Will
    14.Roy
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Paul M plus 1
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Nigel

If anyone else is keen post up ASAP and I will see if it possible to increase no’s at the htoels.

PaulM
    Participant
    #74555 |

Looks like I’m on there twice Chris?
    Chris peppiatt would also like to come if possible could he take my qq 11 place?

chris
    Keymaster
    #74556 |

Good spot Paul- Due to the tour at this stage being over subscribed we do need to restrict it to club members and if we can not fit all that want to come we will need to have a selection policy which will be on what people have done for the club by the way of helping run events .
    I will see if I can find hotels to fit everyone in but in some places it is hard enough work finding hotels for 20!

Currently those who have expressed an interest

I will be booking hotels at the end of this week after which I will be asking for deposits of £50 -THESE WILL BE NON REFUNDABLE -if you pull out and find a replacement then the deposit can be swapped to the new person, the person dropping out will be responsible for sorting this out

People will be required to pay a minimum of £450 into the club account prior to the trip and then the balance after all the bolls have come in.

So far the people have told me in the order they have told me they are interested, if we are oversubscribed the selection policy will be on those that have helped out over this year in running the club events
    1.Neil
    2Me
    3.Gosia
    4Graeme
    5Graham
    6Hannah
    7Simon
    8Roger
    9Darren
    10Kasia
    11, Wayne
    12.Tom
    13.Will
    14.Roy
    15.Nick
    16.Paul M
    17.Paul M plus 1
    18.Henry
    19.Dave T
    20.Chris T
    21.Nigel
    22.Clive

If anyone else is keen post up ASAP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.